IDEA Partners make it possible for IDEA to achieve its mission.
And in case you didn’t know -- Our mission is to inspire, connect and provide the educational community with opportunities that transform teaching and learning through technology.
That is why we are thrilled to welcome our newest Bronze Partner, Newsela!
Newsela takes authentic, real-world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 2.5 million teachers and 37 million students have registered with Newsela for content that’s personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 10,000 texts in Newsela’s platform and 10 new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Newsela's mission is meaningful classroom learning for every student. We're an edtech company that brings together digital content with integrated assessments and insights. The result is more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners.
Newsela provides content that is:
- AUTHENTIC: From the real world, about real and relatable people and topics
- ACCESSIBLE: Differentiated at 5 levels, representative of every learner
- ACTIVE: Never stale, always up-to-date with what’s happening in the world
- ACCOUNTABLE: Ensures educators and students are taking responsibility for learning
- ALIGNED: Aligned to key standards, frameworks, and commonly used curriculum
Newsela’s offerings include Newsela ELA, Newsela Science, Newsela Social Studies, Newsela SEL, and more.
Check out more about Newsela here.